Nerd (or Geek) Pride Day
Towel Day
OMG, I'm so excited for Nerd Pride Day! I am a nerd about so many things, today is the day to let my Nerd Flag fly! Mostly, I am such a nerd about this blog. Seriously, people at work must be so sick of hearing about what holiday it is today. Although I'm sure they were happy I brought taffy to work for National Taffy Day.
What I think is really great about this holiday is that it originated in Spain. I always assumed that Spanish men were too suave and cool to be into things like comic books. I'm glad to see that people really are alike, no matter where they live.
Also, just because you aren't into manga, Star Trek or some other "typically nerdy" thing, that doesn't mean you aren't a nerd. EVERYONE is a nerd about SOMETHING.
Towel Day is in honor of Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If you don't know what a towel has to do with anything, I suggest you start by reading the book.
So, embrace your nerdiness, and be sure to bring your towel with you, wherever you go. I'll be keeping an eye out for you, my fellow nerds.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
May 25 - Nerd Pride Day
Labels:
fun,
holidays,
nerds,
pop culture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment