I Need a Patch For That Day
There seems to be some confusion regarding this holiday (hereafter referred to as INAPFTD). Perhaps I can clear up a few things.
1. If you Google this holiday, some sites say this is celebrated in November, others, in May. According to my personal research, Wellcat is the originator of this holiday, and their website shows that INAPFTD should be celebrated on May 21.
I myself was confused by this, and celebrated INAPFTD last November. If I have helped to perpetuate the confusion, I am deeply sorry and now regret not researching this more thoroughly before posting about INAPFTD last year.
2. Some people think that INAPFTD is referring to patches on clothing. Again, according to the Wellcat website, this holiday is in reference to patches that are placed on the body, i.e. nicotine patches. This day is to consider what you personally need a patch for, such as bad hair days, lack of motivation or willpower, and so on.
After reading some other people’s opinions, the patch that is desired above all is a patch for dealing with idiots. As one person imagines it:
Friend: Hey, did you see what that idiot just did?
Me: Nope, sorry. I’ve got the patch.
Some other excellent patch ideas include:
- A willpower patch – for doing your housework or other boring chores, or to keep you from eating unhealthy food and exercising when you don’t feel like it (I REALLY NEED THIS ONE!).
- A stupid patch - to prevent you from doing or saying stupid things (I'll take the Sam's Club super jumbo family pack of these).
Today is also:
National Employee Health and Fitness Day
Turn Beauty Inside Out Day
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
No comments:
Post a Comment