Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16 - Fudge Day

June 16 - Fudge Day

FUDGE!

It may be a little warm for fudge where you are, but I'll pass 0n my peanut butter fudge recipe anyway. It'll be about 90F here, but still, I think I'll make some. It keeps well in the fridge.

For those who don't like (or are allergic to) peanut butter, try looking for a no-fail fudge recipe. I was going to give you my mother's no-fail fudge recipe, but I can't find it. If you Google it I'm sure you can find something suitable.

FYI: It is also Fresh Veggies Day. It would be a good idea to eat extra veggies to make up for the fudge you will be eating.


Layered Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
12 oz. peanut butter chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c. butter
6 oz. chocolate chips

  • In a large microwave-safe bowl, place peanut butter chips, one cup sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter; cook on HIGH in microwave for one minute, then stir. If everything is not completely melted, cook another 15 seconds on HIGH and stir again.
  • Spread mixture into wax paper lined 8-inch square pan.
  • In another microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, remaining sweetened condensed milk and remaining butter. Melt as before.
  • Spread chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter mixture. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
  • Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off waxed paper and cut into squares. Tightly cover any leftovers.

Today is also:
Bloomsday

No comments:

Post a Comment