I love peanut butter, so this month is for me. Other than those with peanut allergies, is there anyone who doesn't like peanut butter?
I think that peanut butter's best day was the glorious day that someone put chocolate and peanut butter together. God bless you, whoever you are. That was truly a match made in heaven.
As much as I love peanut butter (I have an open jar on my desk with a spoon stuck in), I don't really have much to say about it. So I went digging and got some fun facts and links for you to digest.
From peanutbutter.com (Skippy's website):
- Did you know that Dr. George Washington Carver did not invent peanut butter? Why is it that he is popularly credited for that creation?
- Jimmy Carter is the American President known as a peanut farmer, but did you know that Thomas Jefferson was also a peanut farmer?
- Nearly half of US peanuts are made into peanut butter.
- The largest PB&J sandwich was 40 feet long and was made with 150 pounds of peanut butter (and 50 pounds of jelly).
- Adults eat more peanut butter than children do.
- East coast residents prefer smooth peanut butter, while people who live on the west coast prefer chunky.
- And almost everyone puts peanut butter on first when making a PB&J.
More links:
Peanut Butter Lovers tells us how peanut butter is made.
Reese's has a Peanut Butter Lovers version of their famous Reese's peanut butter cup.
The Peanut Institute, of course.
I would like to add some of these to my Christmas list.
Don't know how to celebrate Peanut Butter Lovers' Month? Click here.
Still need more ideas on what do do with peanut butter? Here are some ideas.
And finally, this. I was going to make this to celebrate, but I was afraid I would eat it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment