November - Vegan Month
I spend a lot of time talking about food here on this blog. To be honest, I spend a lot of time talking (and thinking!) about food in all aspects of my life. When I saw Vegan Month looming on my calendar, I got a bit nervous. I was thinking about going vegan for one day, but I chickened out. Maybe I will try to do that soon.
Today I was looking at some vegan websites, wondering what on earth I would eat were I to actually go vegan (if only for a day). Here is the menu I came up with. Now it doesn't seem nutritionally balanced, so I couldn't eat this menu everyday, but these are the items I came up with on the fly:
Breakfast:
Oatmeal
Lunch:
bean burrito with soy cheese
Snack:
apple and peanut butter
Supper:
soy burger and salad
Dessert:
Tofutti Cuties
So I guess going vegan for a day or so wouldn't be that bad.
Now, I'm not against being vegan or vegetarian. I just like to eat meat and cheese. I personally have drastically cut back on eating red meat for health reasons. If I were to go to a vegetarian diet (I could not possibly give up real cheese forever) it would be for improving my health. I like animals, but I do not have that tender heart required to truly care about all animals' welfare. Call me cold-hearted, call me hypocritical, but do not call me late for a steak dinner.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
November 27 - Vegan Month
Labels:
food,
monthly observations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment