Wednesday, November 07, 2007

November 7 - Learn Chinese Month

November is Learn Chinese Month. I would suggest heading on over to Chinesepod.com immediately.

I have never before been interested in Asian culture, going to Asia, or learning an Asian language. When I saw that November is Learn Chinese Month, I surprisingly challenged myself to attempt to learn some basic phrases. Almost every day this month (so far) I have been listening to the podcasts at Chinesepod.com, and attempting to learn a little bit.

I do not know any Chinese people, nor do I foresee any possible need to know Chinese. But I considered this a growing experience and who knows – it may come in handy some day.

So far I can say “Hello, how are you? I’m fine, and you? I’m fine, thank you.” I’d at least like to be able to say please, thank you, where is the bathroom, etc. If I remember, later this month I will update you on my progress.

2 comments: