Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 10 - Area Code Day

Whoo hoo! Area Code Day! My favorite holiday ever.

Here we have another holiday that I am convinced is totally made up. I could not find any information about this celebration online. I'm not even sure why we would want/need to celebrate area codes.

Is anyone else annoyed about how often area codes change? When I lived in the Chicago area, my area code changed three times. Now that I'm out here in the 818, they want to change it to 747. I don't like that. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Get it...ring...

I do have one funny story that somewhat involves area codes. A while back I was living in the 708 area code. I got a phone call from someone who dialed the wrong number. The party he was trying to reach had the same phone number as I had, except their area code was 408. We talked for a few minutes when he found out he called the other side of the country than he had intended to reach.

I remembered this story when I recently came across this website. You'll find that the fifth line is quite applicable to this post.

Anyhow, find a way to celebrate your area code, and check out some area code history here.

No comments:

Post a Comment