Saturday, January 02, 2010

January 2 - Resolutions Week



The first week or so of January is unofficially known as Resolutions Week.  Usually, I refuse to make resolutions, knowing I am not likely to actually keep them. Above is a list of things I would like to work on this year. Putting this out into the world for others to see might help keep me accountable to working on these areas of my life.  Speaking of which...

I recently came across a site called 6 Changes. The premise is that you come up with six changes you want to make in your life and spend 2 months on making each change. At the end of one year you will have (hopefully) met your goals. The site focuses on helping you work on those changes.  One of the steps in the 6 Changes method is public accountability. I know that I am more likely to follow through on something if I've told several people about it, rather than keep it to myself.

43things is a site that is less of a how-to in changing your life, and more of a place to put your list of (43) things you want to do. Somewhat related is Listology, which is a place to keep lists of all kinds.

I started this post talking about resolutions and somehow rabbit-trailed into list-making and keeping. Hope you found something useful and/or entertaining here!

No comments:

Post a Comment