Friday, December 18, 2009

December 18 - Bake Cookies Day

I think made-up holidays are my favorite.

OK, not really (it's a toss-up between Thanksgiving and Christmas). But the silly, made-up holidays are what really inspire me. They set a theme for my day and put a unique spin on an otherwise fairly dull routine.

According to this source, today's made-up holiday is Bake Cookies Day. No big surprise behind the timing of this one; many people are already getting in the holiday spirit by baking sweets. In fact, I was already planning on baking some cookies this weekend...I decided today would be a great time to start!

Please don't ask me what my favorite Christmas cookie is. I have too many favorites to pick just one! Today I made Peanut Butter Blossoms (the ones with Hershey's Kisses) and prepared the dough to make gingerbread cut-outs for tomorrow.

What are your must-haves when it comes to Christmas cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment