Last year, Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day was NOT the resounding success I'd hoped it would be (nor even the mild success I'd claimed it was).
Now, my boyfriend is not a picky eater. He clears his plate and has seconds by the time I've gotten halfway through my first. He loves everything I've ever cooked for him.....EXCEPT for the dried fish-fried rice dish I'd made for CSBAPD 2007.
Last year's failure - let's call it - made me a bit apprehensive about trying again this year. So much so that I pretty much put off thinking about what to make until yesterday. By that point I figured, heck, let's just forget the whole darn thing.
If you are still feeling up to the challenge, here's a bold and pungent dip for you to try. This, my boyfriend loves. He pretty much ate the whole thing in, like, one or two sittings. I, personally, find it too pungent, and would substitute some mild cheese for about half of the Gorgonzola. But, that's just me. Happy eating! And I hope you've got a breath mint or some gum handy.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
November 8 - Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment